Our first fund-raising package was based on poinsettias. Poinsettias were offered to fund-raisers who took pre-orders and then sold the plants to the public. Some of the best fund-raisers were able to raise over $5000 per year through our poinsettia program.
With the success of our poinsettia program, we've extended our fundraising opportunities to both spring and fall programs. Hanging baskets for Mother's Day, Pansy Pans for the spring, or Mums for the fall. Of course, poinsettias for Christmas are still available.
If your organization is looking for a way to raise money for a good cause, contact us for more information and we'll be happy to help you.
Here's a list of a few of our past fund-raising participants:
- Pancreatic Society of Canada
- Cityview Mens Club
- Kanata Children's Choir
- Nepean Wilkcats Hockey
- Joan Of Arc Academy
- Kanata Blazers Atom A Team
- J.H. Putman Middle School
- Greek Orthodox Church
- St. Paul Lutheran Church
- Nationview Public School
- Ottawa School of Dance
- Children's International Summer Village
How it works:
- We'll send you a list of all our plant offerings appropriate for the fund raising season requested. Your organization can offer as many or as few items from our offering list. We sell plants at a discounted wholesale rate and your organization can set your own selling price.
- Pre-orders are taken through your organization. For Holiday sales, we suggest starting early November. We're often asked how successful plant fundraisers are. The success is solely determined by the work your organization puts in to selling and we've had extremely successful fund raisers selling over 1000 plants per season.
- You submit your final totalled order to us. All orders are reserved first-come, first-served so some colour combinations may no longer be available if you submit late. As such, there may be substitutions. We require 48 hours notice minimum before pickup/delivery. Deliveries are subject to availability and conditions apply.
- When you pick up your plants or have them delivered to a single distribution point, your organization then distributes the plants to customers. Holiday plants are all wrapped in protective paper sleeves with colour and size labelled on each plant for easy distribution. Remember, plants do not like being in protective sleeves for very long so it's best if you distribute your plants as quickly as possible.